Friday, April 5, 2013

Fur Babies and the Sofa Pillow

Like a number of 'retirees' we have fur babies, two little dogs, Sophie and Kanga. 


What pillow, I don't see a pillow!
Sophie is a Lhasa-poo, basically a heavy Lhasa Apso body covered in curly, blonde poodle fur. She is loveable, sweet, and obedient, mostly. She's never bitten anyone but, when aggravated will poke you with her nose. When begging for food, your leg will be massaged by a wiggly nose, an action that usually gets her a treat. 

Kanga, our other fur baby is an 18 year old Miniature Poodle. A perfect little poodle in miniature.  When he was younger he would hop on his back legs, up and down, like a kangaroo, hence the name Kanga.

You want the pillow? Huh-uh! This is my pillow!
 The funniest thing about Kanga and Sophie is they both claim that the little pillow on the sofa is theirs! The truth is, it's not either of theirs, it is mine. 

I brought the little pillow to the sofa one day to ease the small of my back while sitting on the sofa. Since that day I have had to insist that it is mine whenever I want to sit and watch TV comfortably. 

The first doggy on the sofa normally gets the pillow and when I want to sit down and give the corner a little tug to remind them that it's mine, I get the saddest expressions ever!  Sometimes I let them stay but not often. 

Don't I look so pretty on my pillow?
Our dogs are groomed at Pawsitively Purrfect in Purcell OK. They do very good work and we can usually get an appointment in less than a week. 

These photos were taken shortly after haircut day. 

Sophie has super thick hair so we get her clipped short on the body with long tail, ears and top knot. 

Kanga gets a standard poodle kennel clip. He is such a fun, smart little dog. He is expressive, affectionate, learns quickly and, now that his hearing is so poor, is learning to obey hand signals and respond to clapping. 


When Kanga doesn't have the pillow, he calls "dibs!" on the leather chair!
 By Penni Jo Couch
Creator and designer of Best Flexible Molds

No comments: